Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Hi there!

UPDATE: The video for this card is now live on YouTube! I've used a different editing style and would love to hear your thoughts on it over in the comments section.



Today I'm sharing the card I make for the Color Throwdown challenge #ctd451. The colours are dark pink, light pink, green and white.



--- Supplies Used ---
# 250 gsm card stock to make 6" square card base
# 210 gsm white 9" 3/8 card stock to make envelope
# Altenew Vintage Roses stamp set
# Hello Beautiful stamp set from Sara Love & Romance Signature Collection by Crafter's Companion
# Tsukineko Memento dew drop ink pads in Angel Pink, Rose Bud and Bamboo Leaves
# Homemade stamp positioning tool
# Baby wipe
# Post-It notes
# Pencil
# Ruler

This card doesn't require too many supplies to make and is relatively simple in the process; although it took some time to complete! It's quite a relaxing process, though. In order to have this post ready before the challenge closes, I'm not uploading a video straight away. Keep an eye out for an update in the next week, though, as I have the footage ready.


For the card front, I drew two pencil lines diagonally across the card to leave a space for the sentiment, then stamped the rose clusters around the edges of this guideline. For each rose, I used the stamping guide available from Altenew's website, which is very handy indeed! Each rose I stamped with one colour of ink, using the stamp positioning tool I made myself. Each layer was stamped twice for added definition and smoothness. I used Post-It notes to mask off the foreground images and protect them from the next layer of ink. There's one area where the ink bled through the mask in the upper left, though! In the centre, I simply stamped Congratulations in Rose Bud and the swirls in Angel Pink to finish off the card. For the leaves, I only used two layers, as I found the ink layers bled into one another more than with the pink colours, making the definition less visible.


Inside the card, I continued the sentiment with 'on your special day' and a swirl to complement the card front. I really liked this look; simple and elegant! I'll use the scroll to underline the recipient's name when I address the envelope, too.


For the envelope, I kept it simple and stamped a rose in Angel Pink ink, using masking to place a leaf behind it, in the bottom right corner.

I hope you liked this simple card and will check out the Color Throwdown challenge for yourselves; it really is a fantastic blog!

I have lots of posts planned for the near future; to keep updated with all the developments, you can follow me on Instagram and Twitter @cornfloweriris.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

  1. Lovely take on the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love those Altenew flowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was inspired by your card with Altenew flowers, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455