Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455

Hi there!

I'm participating in the Color Throwdown challenge again this week with the colours aqua, light pink, lavender and white; please do head over to the blog and take a look at the challenge for yourself! It's a lot of fun, and these colours were quite far from my usual colour palette, so a lot of fun to work with and stretch myself!



The video style is different this time, with most of the video in real time with live narration. Let me know what you think in the comments section. I've had a lot of questions about how long it takes to make a card, so I thought it would be a good way to show the process to beginners. Let me know if you found it helpful or informative.

--- Supplies Used ---
# 300 gsm ivory linen card
# 300 gsm white card
# 200 gsm pale pink and lavender card
# Indian Ocean Tags die set from Sue Wilson
# Manual die cutting machine
# Xcut dinky feather die
# Just for Men stamp set from Crafter's Companion
# VersaMark ink
# Hero Arts cling background stamp
# Aqua, pink and lilac embossing powders
# Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and Peacock Feathers
# Water spray bottle
# Anita's gems and pearls (I have twice as many gems as standard in one box - I couldn't resist buying two!)
# Nail art beeswax pencil
# Papermania heat tool
# PVA glue in fine-tip bottle
# Anita's pink and white polka dot ribbon


I used lavender and pink matts to frame a panel of white card, that I stamped and embossed in three different embossing powders. I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's recent video to try this technique; her video is linked in mine if you want to check that out. I then watercoloured over this with three complementary shades of distress ink.


The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto one of the Sue Wilson tags and ribbon was threaded through it to bring in the white element of the challenge in! This was attached on the back with tape, and two die cut feathers were adhered below it. I used a variety of gems and pearls to accent the design.


On the inside, I adhered another couple of feathers, but left this blank for a custom sentiment.


I hope you enjoyed the video and blog post! Don't be shy if you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you. Be sure to check out the links on the left to find me on social media, and to take a look at the Color Throwdown for yourself.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

  1. The colors make a lovely blended background! So glad you joined us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love that gorgeous background! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452