Planner Dashboard Ideas Video Tutorial

Hi there!

I'm back with another video tutorial, this time creating planner dashboards for a Filofax personal planner using some inexpensive supplies. It can seem daunting to create a pretty planner with so many, often quite expensive, options. Here, I present a way to personalise your planner in a functional manner and using very cheap supplies. It doesn't have to cost a lot, take a lot of time or require a lot of skill to achieve nice results.


Supplies used:

  • Urban Style paper pad from Poundland
  • Bronze sequins from Poundland
  • Ocaldo Copper Drawing Ink from The Works
  • Number 6 Round Gold Taklon Brush from Royal & Langnickel
  • Copper metallic gel pen
  • Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste in Copper by Phill Martin
  • Borders Stickable Stencils from BoBunny
  • Metal palette knife
  • Icons Stamps by BoBunny
  • Hawaiian Sunset Embossing Glitter from Dreamees
  • VersaMark ink pad
  • Swirly and Sentimental stamp set by Dreamees
  • Artists' blue masking tape
  • 1-2-3 Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers
  • Paper guillotine
  • PVA glue
  • Scissors
  • Rapesco Filofax hole punch (this one is nicer, though)
  • T-ruler
I cut the 200gsm patterned paper to be around 1 cm wider than a standard personal Filofax page, as this was about the depth of the notches punched by the punch board. Using the punch board, I then placed notches around 2" apart to provide nice sized tabs on the papers. Using a T-ruler, I marked out where the excess should be cut from and used scissors to trim it away. If you don't have a punch board, you could always draw around an existing tab and cut this out.


Using copper drawing ink and the brush, I wrote the months June, July and August on the three dashboards, after punching them. To punch them, I had to create a tool from some scrap paper, but if you get the other hole punch, this step isn't necessary! I'm not very good at doing calligraphy with a brush, so I first wrote the months in pencil then went over them with the brush to achieve the desired effect.


For the June dashboard, I just used a few sequins to embellish, as the butterfly design was very striking. For July, I applied copper texture paste through a stencil to provide a contrasting design against the dark background. If you don't have stencils and texture paste, you could always use the drawing ink to draw a design or use mica powder over a stamped image to create a metallic look.


For August, I stamped the largest flower from the Dreamees stamp set and embossed to achieve a rustic look. This could be further improved with doodles in a white gel pen, if so desired. I labelled the tabs using a copper gel pen to finish the dashboards. In the video, I also show a layout for the month of June, with some proposed times for future video tutorials, so watch this space!



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and it inspires you to decorate your planner, or even to begin planning if this is something you haven't considered before. If you liked this, please head over to YouTube and hit the like button below the video, subscribe to my channel and leave me a comment. Thanks for reading this post, and be sure to check out my feed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455