Golden Cityscape Birthday Card

Hi there!

Here's another video with a modern cityscape card suitable for a man or woman. The finished effect is striking with an iridescent background and metallic accents. The dimension added from the stencil really makes everything pop! I made this to match the starry steampunk box; you can check out the video for that under the 'i' button in the video.



Apologies a part of the video cut out! I also outlined the card front with a gold gel pen in a stitched border style. You can read on for more information on how this card was made.




--- Supplies Used ---
# 300 gsm white card stock
# Black 210 gsm card stock from Poundland
# Gold mirror card
# Paper guillotine
# Sketch board
# Pebeo Artist Extra Fine Black-Blue iridescent acrylic paint
# Flat gold taklon brush
# Crafter's Workshop Mini Urban Landscape 6x6" stencil
# Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste in Gunmetal and New Gold by Phill Martin
# Palette knives from BoBunny and The Works
# Artist's Masking Tape
# Masking tape
# Stitched nesting dies from The Works
# Sara Just for Men Signature Collection stamp set: Rock Star
# Crawford & Black Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint
# Spray bottle with water
# Acrylic blocks
# Mod Podge Squeegee
# VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Night Sky
# Heat tool
# VersaMark ink
# Magic anti static pad from Woodware
# Stampendous gold embossing powder
# Foam tape
# Nuvo glue pen
# Gold gel pen
# Trendy Blue Lifestyle 12x12" patterned paper pad from The Works
# 1-2-3 Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers
# Red liner tape
# Glue dot
# Scoring board

To begin with, I cut a piece of black card stock to just smaller than an A6 card blank and painted this with the iridescent paint, drying this with a heat tool. The outline of the buildings was attached to the card and the sketching board with some artist's masking tape, and then I used the black texture paste to fill this in with palette knives.



I watered down some gold acrylic paint on an acrylic block then splattered this across the background with a small round brush to form stars. I then added the details from the stencil using gold texture paste, making sure to align the edges with the background already there; I found it easiest to line up the top of the building that looks like the Empire State Building, and the rest just fell into place. I used too much texture paste to achieve a clean finish with such a detailed stencil; to get a crisper final image, simple apply less. But the grungy look matched the rock star feel of this card, so I left it as is.



I heat embossed the sentiment and die cut a panel on black card, then a matching larger panel from gold mirror card. I glued the sentiment panel to the mirror card using a glue pen; the panel had warped from the heat, so a wet glue is best for adhering this. A different method of applying glue could lead to leakage, which is really noticeable on mirror card. To adhere this flat, I left it under an acrylic block to weigh it down while it dried. Then I stuck this panel to the card using foam pads.



To frame the card, I went around the edges with a gold gel pen in a stitched border style. I then attached this panel to an A6 300 gsm white card blank with plenty of foam tape. Inside, I stamped the sentiment 'hope your birthday rocks' in night sky chalk ink.



I made a box envelope from a piece of patterned paper cut to 8" 3/8 square and scored and punched at 3" 1/2 on the 1-2-3 punch board. I used red liner tape to stick it together and a glue dot for the closure. To address it, I cut a panel from the reverse of the patterned paper and stuck this to the front.

I hope you like the card and enjoyed the video. If you did, please hit the like button over on YouTube and subscribe to my channel; it really helps, and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455