Thank You Card Video Tutorial Color Throwdown #CTD446

Hi there!

Today, I'm sharing a bonus video with a tutorial on making this simple card using the three colours from the Color Throwdown Challenge 446. The video is directly below; please read on for more details on the challenge and the making of the card.



The colours this week are green, yellow and coral, as shown in this lovely inspirational image. Please do check out the Color Throwdown blog and have a go at the challenge yourself; it's a lot of fun, and a great way to stretch yourself. I found this colour combination quite challenging, and had great fun coming up with something.


I decided to make a quick and simple card to say thank you to a friend, in a loose and summery style.


--- Supplies Used ---
--- Tools ---
# Homemade stamp positioning tool
# Tim Holtz stamps 'Flower Garden'
# Sara Signature Collection English Country Garden stamps 'Beautiful Leaves'
# Number 6 round paint brush in gold taklon from this set

--- Colouring Supplies ---
# Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Crushed Olive
# Pebeo Brilliant acrylic paint in Light Green and Bright Yellow
# Crafter's Choice paint in Coral Rose
# Memento Dew Drop ink pad in Peanut Brittle and New Sprout

--- Other Supplies ---
# Dovecraft C6 card base and envelope
# Pale green linen card
# Pale yellow ribbon
# Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Key Lime Pie
# Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Drop Dead Gorgeous Green
# VersaMark ink pad

I wanted a very loose and simple card, so to begin with I simply stamped the flowers into a pleasing arrangement directly onto the card front using Peanut Brittle ink. I chose this colour of ink to give subtle detail, and double stamped the flowers so the detail would still show under acrylic paint, which has a higher opacity than watercolours. I then stamped the stems once in an arrangement from the bottom left corner of the card.



For the background, I blended Distress Ink to give a loose and mottled effect. On the bottom half, I used Crushed Olive, and for the top half Mustard Seed. These colours went beautifully together to achieve a very summery look. For the flowers, I painted the petals in a flat wash of Coral Rose paint. The brushstrokes give some texture, and further add to a loosely put together feel, perfect for summer. I used the brilliant paint for the stems and centre of the daisy to add some subtle shine.



On the left hand side of the card, I'd stamped an image I didn't like; you can see this clearly in the video! So I covered this up with a one inch wide strip of pale green linen cardstock, and wrapped some pale yellow ribbon around this. I added a double bow at the top with the same ribbon to give some dimension.

For the sentiment, I stamped 'Special Friend' at the top, and 'You're Too Kind' and the bottom from the Beautiful Leaves stamp set, in VersaMark ink. I embossed these with the beautiful green embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang. This left residual mica around the sentiments, so to augment that I sprayed some Glimmer Mist on the right hand edge of the card. This just finished it off!



For the inside of the card, I kept it very simple. Using the beautiful pastel shade of New Sprout ink, I stamped the sentiment 'You're Amazing!' and the daisy from the front of the card. I then used the same ink and some leaves from the Beautiful Leaves stamp set to decorate the corners of the envelope.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and accompanying video. If you did, please do head over to YouTube and like the video and subscribe my channel, and maybe leave me a comment; it really helps, and would be greatly appreciated. If you want to follow me on social media, you can find the links over on the left. Don't forget to check out the Color Throwdown Challenge for yourself; even if you don't feel like participating, you can take a look at all the responses and get some great inspiration.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

  1. Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coneflowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455