Summery Hello Camera Card for Color Throwdown 450 #CTD450

Hi there!

I'm participating in the Color Throwdown Challenge again this week. A very fresh and summery palette is the focus this week, and I used a pop art style to producing a striking card that I hope will put a smile on somebody's face!



Below is the swatch for the Color Throwdown this week:


Please make sure to check out the blog, the other entries, and to play along yourself! It's a great way to push your abilities and challenge yourself, I really recommend it. Below is a list of the supplies I used for this card.



--- Supplies Used ---
# A3 white card 250 gsm (from Amazon)
# Tonic paper guillotine
# Martha Stewart scoring board
# Stitched rectangle dies (from The Works)
# Craftwell Teresa Collins embossing folder
# Xcut Mini Polaroid Dies
# Xcut Mini Camera Die
# Stamp set free with Creative Stamping
# Berol Brush Markers
# VersaMark ink
# Woodware Magic Anti Static Pad
# Stampendous Pearlustre Carnelian embossing powder
# Xcut Xpress die cutting machine
# Tan embossing mat
# Acrylic block
# 1-2-3 punch board by We R Memory Keepers
# Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick and Blueprint Sketch
# Mini ink blending tools from Ranger
# Heat tool
# Foam tape
# Blue and white sequins (from Poundland)
# Red liner tape
# Glue dot
# Acetate
# Magic tape


To begin with, I cut an 8" 3/8 square piece of card for the envelope and a card blank that's 4 " wide and half the length of A4 card. I treated the card front with an anti static pad, then stamped the starfish image multiple times in Versamark ink and embossed with the Carnelian embossing powder. This powder is truly gorgeous and leaves a wonderful effect!


I cut a stitched rectangle panel and embossed this with the camera images, colouring them with the water based brush marker. Being water based, the colour doesn't bleed out. I was really impressed with these pens for craft purposes; they're inexpensive yet lay down colour very evenly and have a very flexible brush nib that works fairly well for calligraphy. I coloured the cameras in blue and yellow. Cutting a polaroid frame and the Hello word, I used this to make a shaker element. I used the brush marker to colour Hello and pop it back in the recess, popped this up with foam tape after sticking an acetate panel down, then placed some sequins behind it. It adds a really fun element to the card!


For the inside of the card, I used a die cut of a camera and coloured this in yellow. The 'waste' parts, I coloured in blue then placed back in the recess, after placing some magic tape on the back. These markers were perfect for this technique, and I'm really enjoying paper piecing at the moment! (Can you tell?!) To tie-in the full colour scheme, I wrote 'Smile!' in a calligraphy style with the red brush pen. I could use a little practice with these pens, but I hope this card will put a smile on somebody's face! =]


I used the 1-2-3 punch board to make a box envelope; the punch measurement in 3" 1/2. Folding it flat, I embossed it with the same embossing folder then used distress ink in Fired Brick and Blueprint Sketch to bring out the detail. Given more time, it would have been lovely to colour the cameras in blue and yellow, with one red camera for contrast. I found this the only disappointing aspect of this card. To address the envelope, I die-cut letters from a Sizzix alphabet set then stuck these on the front.

I hope you enjoyed the video and like the card I made this week! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. Don't forget to head over to YouTube and like the video if you enjoyed it, and you can subscribe to my channel to see more content like this. I'm also on Facebook and Twitter so you won't miss any updates! Don't forget to head over to the Color Throwdown blog, it really is great fun.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

  1. Fabulous design and so eye-catching! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455