Twisted Easel Tough Seashell Card for Color Throwdown 454

Hi there!

I've got another video for you today, taking part in the Color Throwdown challenge with a twisted easel card. I'll let you take a look then give you more information below!



Apologies for the missing footage! The supplies I used to make this card are listed below.



--- Supplies Used ---
# Tonic Maxi 12" guillotine
# Martha Stewart 12" scoring board
# Papermania Kraftstax 280 gsm kraft card
# 200 gsm white card
# 200 gsm green card
# Stampendous Seashells Stamps and coordinating dies
# Ranger Archival Ink in Sepia
# Stamp positioning tool
# Baby wipes
# Prismacolor Premier pencils 48 pack (using Ginger Root, Burnt Ochre, Sienna Brown, Light Umber and Dark Brown)
# Derwent Superpoint manual sharpener
# Scotch removable tape
# Xcut Xpress die-cutting machine with 3 mm acrylic sheet
# Sue Wilson Indian Ocean dies - Border & Corners and Maldives
# Liquitex coarse texture gel
# Royal & Langnickel Crafter's Choice acrylic paint in Burnt Sienna
# Metal palette knife in no. 10
# Cheesecloth
# PVA glue
# Woodware fine tip applicator bottles
# Tacky PVA glue
# Sweet Dixie Alphabet Stamps

I cut a piece of kraft card to 11" 1/2 by 5" 3/4 for the card blank then scored diagonally across the front to form a twisted easel card. Using Stampendous stamps and Archival ink, I laid the images onto white cardstock then coloured them in with my Prismacolor pencils.


I really love these pencils, so soft and they give a lovely finish. They are blendable with white spirit, but I left them with a sketchier look for this more rustic card style. I cut these out using the matching dies, then used the Sue Wilson dies to make matt and layers for the sentiment panel and a border on the left. I'm making this card for a man, and wanted to avoid ribbons and bows, so these dies were perfect!


I stamped the sentiment in Archival ink, too, using the skinny alphabet stamps from Sweet Dixie. I chose this sentiment to encourage a friend who has been going through a tough time. I attached two seashells to the card front using foam tape, and two more to the card base to form a stopper for the card. This makes it stand beautifully!


I borrowed a technique from mixed media work for the base, using a Liquitex coarse medium and some acrylic paint to make a mini texture beach. I stuck a starfish on top to finish this off; it really adds to the scene!


From the back, you can see the mechanism of this card a little more.

I hope you enjoyed this post and the video! Why not leave me a comment? I'd love to hear from you. Don't forget to check out the Color Throwdown challenge for yourself; it's a lot of fun! You can also find me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Google+; just follow the links on the left.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

Until next time,
Amy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455