Glitter Background Card with Silhouette Portrait

Hi there!

I thought I'd share a quick and simple card I made with my new Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting machine; I just love the versatility of electronic cutting, and I'm very impressed with the machine so far!




The wonky cutting in the foreground was done by me with a pair of scissors; designed to look a little sketchy and add a modern feel to the card! The background teardrops were cut from lilac card by the electronic cutting machine, though. I was very impressed with the clean cuts achieved! The design is by Hero Arts, by the way; they have a great selection in the Silhouette store.

To achieve the glitzy background, I applied double sided adhesive to a piece of low quality white card then applied the cut background on top, sprinkling it with lilac glitter from Tonic's Nuvo range, then burnishing well. Simple, but effective! It really sparkles with the light hits it.


On the inside of the card, I simply stamped a sentiment from a Craftwork Card stamp set in purple ink - this is Memento's Sweet Plum - and left it at that! Quite elegant on this ivory linen textured cardstock I'm using as a card base, don't you think?


The sentiment on the card front is also from the same stamp set by Craftwork Cards. I've heat embossed it on a darker purple cardstock with lilac embossing powder from Papermania, and attached over some purple organza ribbon with foam pads. The white card panel is then stuck to the card front with some double sided adhesive.



I created an envelope from some 120 gsm lilac paper from Dovecraft's essentials range. I cut the paper to 21.1 cm square, then punched and scored at 9.1 cm on the 1-2-3 punch board by We R Memory Keepers. To tie the envelope in with the card, I stamped the same sentiment as on the front in the Sweet Plum ink in the bottom right hand corner.



To add an extra touch, I used yet another stamp from the same stamp set to display 'just for you' on the closing flap of the envelope in the same purple ink. I thought it looked really elegant in the end! It's a really beautiful stamp set.

I hope you enjoyed this post and the new photography style! I've been away for a while, but I'll be posting more content in the run up to Christmas. Watch this space for a new look for Cornflower Iris! You can follow me on Instagram for much more, @CornflowerIris. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for reading all the way to the end!

See you soon,
Amy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosy Congratulations for Color Throwdown 451 #CTD451

Ice Cream Happy Day Stamped Background Card with Artiste Watercolour Pens #CTD452

Ombre Embossed Watercoloured Card for #CTD455